Thursday, July 21, 2011

You Can't Catch Me

No Mama, you can’t catch me now! My son is on the move in a serious way! Oh, and he is fast I tell you! A week ago he was still getting around by using his arms and mostly dragging his legs. Now he is starting to use his legs more. His belly is still on the ground, but it’s only a matter of days, I think, until he is full on crawling. I love to watch him explore! He goes from room to room now, not just to follow me, but to explore! I am actually happy that he is going into the bedroom now because there is no shag rug for him to gather fuzzies from. It is the one room that has the least amount of child safety concerns. I still watch him of course, but I don’t have to stop him from his exploring as often. He enjoys going into the bathroom as well. I think he may like the texture of the bathroom rugs. He just started to open the bathroom cupboard (that is part of the sink vanity) so this weekend we will be getting the childproofing supplies that we have needed to get.

That’s not all! Logan learned yesterday how to climb up on the side of his crib! I set him in his crib while I tidy in that room and while we were in the bedroom yesterday I noticed that he was propped up on his knees and was gnawing on the crib wood. Then last evening as I was cleaning up after bath time I came into the room and he was standing in his crib propped up against the side. Yes, standing! My boy is growing up so fast! I have a feeling these next few months are going to fly by, not that the prior 8 months haven’t, but now that he is on the move I have very little free time to notice the minutes pass by. We are on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment