Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Baby Before Body

I finally get to the point where I am working out everyday and then the baby becomes ill.  I missed my Stroller Strides class again today.  Oh well.  I'm just preparing to feel it when I return.  It has been hot here which makes my Runyon workout difficult.  I tried hiking up with the pup on Sunday and didn't make it to the top because the heat was too much for him.  Maybe if the baby is up to it we will go this evening.

He slept a little better last night.  I had him in my bed again and he stayed glued to me the entire night.  He wanted to spoon! I carefully, ever so discretely moved away from him a couple times when I was getting really uncomfortable.  We didn't get up until almost 9am.  At that point he started wailing.  My poor baby.  We have a doctor appointment tomorrow. He seems a little better today, but its too soon to tell.  He did eat some peaches this morning! I gave him some Tylenol to reduce the fever and keep him comfortable.  I hate the idea of giving Tylenol, but it seems to help. I hold off as long as I feel comfortable.

So here I sit with my baby in my arms (one arm) as he sleeps.  With the other arm I reach to the keyboard to complete a blog post with one finger typing! I'm afraid to try and set him down.  It didn't work yesterday and I want him to rest.  I scarfed down a banana and hopefully will get a chance to eat and shower later.  I am choosing, in this moment, to put my baby before my body. That's what a mom does right? Well, when the baby is sick....

No comments:

Post a Comment