Monday, July 11, 2011

Oh The Gifts That Have Been Given

I could have looked at today and said what a crappy day. I didn’t get much sleep at all (again) and my head was hurting. I had to park way far away from my meeting point for stroller strides (filming in griffith park today). I didn’t get everything done that I set out to do and there were plenty of opportunities to find negatives today. However, I chose to pick out the positives. The things that went right. The gifts that were given to me – that I chose to accept as gifts.

This morning was a bit overcast which made it very comfortable to complete my fitness class. The baby was not at all fussy during the class which allowed for a calm to come over me. At the end of class as we were doing crunches and the baby was playing next to me, I looked up at the sky and thought "how beautiful". It was so relaxing to watch the tree gently sway while feeling the breeze.

This afternoon I made baby food and it came out fantastic!

Did I mention that the baby pooped! Yeah! I know some may be thinking “are you kidding, she thinks that is a gift?” but after the last five days, yes, yes it is.

But the very best gift of the day is the one I am about to experience shortly. Fresh sheets on my bed! I love fresh sheets. I bet they are still warm from the dryer! I think I better go check them out now!

2 comments:

  1. kris deponteJuly 12, 2011

    Have you tried pears or pear juice for the constipation. It has worked for my kids. It may take a day or so to see results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried pear juice but will now! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete