Monday, July 18, 2011

My First Bechamel

Today I decided to make pasta and veggies in a béchamel sauce (a cream sauce).  I was a first timer and I am proud to announce that it turned out delicious!  My husband even liked it!  I added some parmesan cheese to the sauce for a little cheese flavor.  I threw in the veggies that I had available which were broccoli, yellow summer squash and corn (although many different veggies would work). This also gave me the opportunity to use this nifty, never used, tool that we have to take the kernels off the corn cob.  This dish is an accomplishment for me because I think its easy to screw up a cream sauce (make it curdle and such). It gave me a little more confidence in my abilities in the kitchen!  This cooking stuff is kind of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment