Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Book Fun

This morning we attended story time at the fairfax branch of the Los Angeles Public Library.  I picked up my library card so we can now check books out! I didn't have a chance to look around too much today.  We will be returning when we have a little more time.  At first glance, while I did notice a children section at the library, it wasn't all that inviting for kids.  There was one whole aisle of videos (baby Einstein, movies, etc.) which might come in handy down the road.  As I said, I will have to explore it a bit more before forming an opinion.

The story time however, was fantastic!  There were quite a few little ones there.  The gathering was a 1/2 hour long and in that time a library representative read several books, told stories using felt pieces on a board, and we even sang songs and danced around (well, the baby did). I will definitely be returning to this story time!  I was pleased that Logan interacted with several other babies and it seems that there are quite a few repeat attendees.

We plan to check out another library at the end of the week.  I will let you know how it compares.

No comments:

Post a Comment