Monday, July 25, 2011

My Poor Baby

Isn't it an awful feeling when your baby is sick?  My heart just breaks each time he is not well.  I feel so bad for him and although I feel connected with my baby, sometimes I can't tell what is wrong with him. My little guy is not feeling well today.  I am not sure what is wrong but he has a slight fever and is fussy.  Could be teething, could be a virus, could be his belly?  We just don't know.  He was up much of the night and is just miserable today.   It's also hot out which doesn't help. Needless to say it has been a stressful day for this mama.  We just got him to sleep for the first time today (in his swing).  He nodded off a couple times earlier, but didn't stay asleep.  He wouldn't eat any solid foods. He didn't want me to put him down. I was able to set him down and play with him which kept him happy for a few minutes at a time.  I broke all my rules today and let him play with the remote, the computer mouse and keyboard, even my phone.  Sometimes its a 'whatever it takes' day and today was definitely one.  Tylenol helped a little.  I actually got him to take it without bringing it back up! I hope he is feeling better tomorrow.  I really need to go to my stroller strides class (work off some of this stress and anxiety), but of course my baby comes first.  We may be going to the doctor if things are not looking up tomorrow. Poor little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment