Sunday, July 10, 2011

This Too Shall Pass

Or will it? Seriously, the pooping situation has not yet improved. This is day five of being halted at constipation station. Day four brought only a tiny little hard poop and a call to the doctor. Day five- more of the same. We have tried everything; everything that is except a suppository. The thing is, the baby doesn’t really seem phased by it. I, on the other hand, am quite concerned. I know it is normal to skip a day every now and then, but the boy needs to go already. I am really hoping tomorrow brings normalcy.

I know that changes in the baby’s diet will cause his digestive system to work differently, however I really feel that he should be eating more solids than he is. I don’t worry too much at this point because I am breastfeeding but in a few months he will need to be a better solid food eater. He doesn’t eat very much at one time which does not concern me. What I am more concerned with is the fact that I can’t seem to get him to switch from eating solids two times a day to three. He will eat the food, but his body says no, no, no. So I am hoping that this inability to handle three meals a day will pass as well. For now we just take it one day at a time and let the baby's body tell us what he can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment