Friday, July 8, 2011

I Got This

The other day I was asked what I talk about now that I never used to prior to having a baby and the answer had to be poop.  My baby has not pooped in three days.  So frustrating (for both of us I am sure). It wasn't until today that he seemed a bit uncomfortable. Definitely cranky. I did everything I know of to try to get things moving along, but if this continues we will have to visit the doc. Introducing solid foods has proven to be quite difficult for us.  

Needless to say this was not the best Friday.  I didn't go to my class this morning because, well, I was beat from being up throughout the night and I really needed to get things done around the house (as well as errands).  The baby was also cranky and it doesn't work too well when he cries through class.  I don't get as much of a workout as I would like.  I didn't do my 10 min. leg challenge today either. I will resume tomorrow. 

I was thinking about what today's gift was as I was sitting down to write.  It was a rough day but I think todays gift was realizing how comfortable I now am handling my child's behaviors.  We were at the market today and our new thing is that the baby sits in the cart.  Today however, he decided he did not want to be a big boy and wanted me to hold him the entire time.  He cried.  It wasn't the easiest trip to the market but I was not uncomfortable at all.  I felt completely confident in my ability to ease my sons irritation and handled the one handed shopping rather well!  

This realization is definitely a gift.  I needed something to go right today and having a sense that 'I can handle it' was just the boost I needed to get me through. I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment