Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fabulous Fourth Festivities

Did you all have a fantastic fourth of July holiday? We had a very enjoyable first fourth with the baby.  There was no grilling at the park as anticipated, but we did get out of the house to explore a bit.  We ended up at Manhattan Beach and boy was it happening.  The whole town resembled one big frat party! Once we worked our way through the drunken crowd we walked along the pier which was nice.  We did not go down on the beach today.  We will save the first beach experience for a more relaxed setting on a less crowded day.

I must be getting old because the guys and girls that were partying it up looked so young.  My husband made a comment about how if he was those girls' father, he would not want them to be out and about looking like that and hanging out with those dudes.  I said to him, "Did I act like that when I was their age?" and the sad thing is I probably did.  I just don't remember it as so.

It was fun to walk around and take pictures though.  After leaving the beach we went to the little tot park. We happened upon it when we found the only parking spot available in the whole city and the best part....wait for it.....it was free parking!  No meter, no ten or twenty dollar lot, free!  Logan got to swing for the first time today.  He also went down a little slide and rode on a fire truck! It was awesome to watch him have so much fun. He didn't want to leave! The only down side to our trip is that we lost a teething ring and Sophie the Giraffe (Logan must have dropped them out of the stroller).  I was pissed about losing Sophie.  That Giraffe is not cheap and in our home its a go to toy.

This evening we decided to go out to dinner. We went to a restaurant we had not been to before and were able to have a relaxing time.  The baby cooperated and my husband and I had a nice conversation over dinner. We took some more photos and then walked home.

Day 5 Gift
As I was walking home I was thinking about the gifts that I received today.  I reflected on the events that took place and while I enjoyed my day, nothing stood out as feeling like a gift (except perhaps dinner).  That's when it happened.  When my husband went inside the house I decided to stay outside for a minute.  I turned around and was able to see a fireworks show over Los Angeles!  I live just high enough on a hill to have a partial view of the city and this evening it was lit up with colorful fireworks! No it wasn't as spectacular as it would have been had I been directly below it, but I so appreciated the fact that I saw fireworks. I love fireworks and knew I would not be able to go to a display this year since the baby is still little.  It was the perfect ending to my fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment