Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome Fall

It's official.  Fall is here!  I grew up in New England where Fall was my favorite season.  I loved watching the trees change colors, welcoming the reds, yellows and purples that Fall had to offer.  I loved the fresh Fall air that brought a break from humidity.  I remember having so much fun raking up piles of leaves to jump in over and over again, rubbing leaves, and picking apples.  Oh, and the smells.  The apple cinnamon, pumpkin spice and roasting winter squash smells.  Beautiful.  Since moving to California, I haven't experienced a Fall season in the same way.  Now that I have a little one, it gives me an excuse to reach back to my roots and search for the Fall that I remember. So....

Tomorrow I am taking the family apple picking!  I can't wait!  We are going to an area that claims to have "scenery like New England".  The orchard is on a farm and in addition to apple picking , the farm offers wagon rides and a petting zoo.  I will let you know how it goes!  I am excited to make apple pie and other apple delights.  September is only the beginning. Yeah Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment