Friday, September 23, 2011

Mom's Night Out Update

Well, I did it!  I went out and had a little mama fun without the babe.  It was the perfect introduction to leaving him.  I left the house about 645pm and was home at about 915pm.  I enjoyed visiting with some lovely ladies, did a little shopping, and had a glass of wine.  It really was a nice evening.  My husband did a great job watching the baby, bathing him and giving him the bottle that I left. As I anticipated, the baby was still awake when I got home and after being excited to see me initially, he had a break down before falling asleep very quickly when I nursed him.  I dont' think that I would be comfortable being gone later in the evening quite yet, but I am proud of myself for getting out, proud of my husband for not feeling the need to call me, and proud of the baby for holding it together (for the most part) so that mama could have a little fun time.  I feel great after getting out of the house for some me time.  I feel refreshed after just two hours.  I was excited to see my family.  I felt more affection towards my husband than I have in a while.  This was good for me.  Perhaps I will do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment