Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lucky Diaz and The Family Jam Band


This morning after attending Stroller Strides (so happy to be back into the swing of things), Logan and I attended a performance by Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band.  This is a Los Angeles based band made up of quality musicians who know how to put on a show.  I appreciated the enthusiasm shown by the members, especially since the heat was at a debilitating level.  That heat didn't stop us from getting up and dancing to the music though! I was not familiar with the band, but it sounds like the are gaining quite the following.  They mentioned that one of their songs is getting a lot of play on Sirius XM.  They are a fun group worth checking out.


After watching the performance for a while, we decided to continue our mid-day date by getting sushi for lunch!  Yum!  It was one of the most enjoyable restaurant experiences I have had with the baby.  I had his sippy cup and some snacks for him to munch on (and gave him little bits and pieces of what I ate) and he was completely content while I enjoyed my lunch.  We were able to sit outside and continue to watch Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band from our seats at the restaurant.  It doesn't get much better than that!  Except for the heat of course.  If it were just a little cooler it would have been perfect.  I kept dabbing Logan with a wet wash cloth and wet his hair to make sure he stayed cool even though we were in the shade and there was a breeze.  Don't want the little guy to get over heated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment