Thursday, September 1, 2011

Oh September

Can you believe it is September already?  I can't! This means that the month after next my son will be one year old!  What?!

Well, I said that with September would come change.  Good Change.  And boy do I intend to live up to my statement! I went to Stroller Strides this morning, aching back and all, and it wasn't so bad.  I mean, yes my back hurt, but I found that running was very comfortable (skipping not so much) and although I had to modify some of the exercises, I completed the workout.  I also got some tips that might help with my back pain.  It feels great to get back into it.  I didn't attend the class enough in August for it to be worth my money and I was bummed about that.  So this month I am making up for it!

The baby woke around 1am and I couldn't get him back in his crib.  I think he started to feel not so hot from the vaccinations he received yesterday.  So I let him sleep in my bed.  When this morning, early morning, came he was crying and very warm so I gave him some Tylenol.  I didn't get discouraged.  I kept my cool and said to myself, "this is not going to ruin my day" and I just rolled with it.  We went about our business, getting ready to leave the house and he was fantastic at Stroller Strides.  Once he was out of the stroller playing with the other kids and toys, he was laughing.  Now he is napping in his swing. My sweet baby boy.

So what does September have in store?  Well, I have not planned my whole calendar (I'm currently working on that), however, I have been wanting to go on a hike for quite some time so this weekend I planned a rather large hike. I am not sure how my back will feel when we are done, but I really miss hiking.  We have only been hiking a couple times since the baby was born and none of the hikes have been even close to the strenuous backpacking type trails that we would previously embark on.  So I am hoping that this hike will prove to be challenging yet do-able.  I am excited about filling up my water bladder and packing a picnic lunch.

I have a Deuter Kid Comfort II backpack to carry the baby.  It will be a challenge just to decide what to bring or not bring on the hike.  We are heading into the wilderness area so I am sure it is a pack in pack out situation (no trash cans to dump items like dirty diapers). I will keep you posted on how it all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment