Friday, September 9, 2011

Fantastic Friday

What an incredible day!  This morning the baby woke up nice and quiet and before I could barely open my eyes, his papa took him out of the bedroom so that I could get a few more minutes of shut eye.  How sweet is that?! A short time later I got up and actually had time to make a hot chocolate prior to leaving for my stroller strides class.  Another plus and it wasn't even 830am yet.  What a way to start the day, and it just kept coming.  I got to stroller strides with a few minutes to spare (a rarity) and I took my time getting the baby in his stroller, taking care to ensure I had everything I may need while in class.  There have been more than a few morning where I am just lucky to get the kid in the stroller and down to the meeting place prior to the class beginning. 

Logan slept through much of the class, which is always a plus.  He woke up at the end of the class and got to socialize with the other babies for a few minutes.  One little girl was very interested in Logan today, giving him hugs and even pushed him over!  They were cute.  My baby boy was so happy and healthy today and I couldn't ask for anything more - Yet more kept coming my way! 

He took another nap this afternoon which allowed me to get a few more things completed.  When he woke we played and read books.  I am really enjoying the interaction with him these days.  He communicates with me.  Granted it is a patterned grunt noise, I still know that when he makes that repetitive noise, he is asking for something or telling me something.  For instance, he will sit next to the dog and go "uh, uh, uh, uh" over and over.  I encourage the communication by saying "Yes, dog. That is a dog."  He does the same thing when he wants something.  It is always clear what he wants.  It might be more puffs, or the toy he just dropped on the floor, and again I use statements that encourage his language development.  I can only imagine what it sounds like to a passer by as I speak aloud,  "Mama, will you please pick up my wrench? Yes, Mama will pick up your red wrench.  Here you go Logan.  Here is your red wrench.  Thank you Mama.  You're welcome Logan." All the while the baby is going "uh, uh, uh, uh...."

He points and reaches his arm out now too, which is helpful.  I used to get very discouraged when he would pick up fuzz and eat it.  While this still occurs, sometimes he picks it up and reaches his hand out.  Believe me, I am quick to go to him and say "Oh, Thank you Logan!" while taking the fuzz from his hand.  This has worked well.  Now he tries to hand me all sorts of stuff.  I love playing with him.  He is getting really good at stacking items. One of his favorite games these days is to drop things, but rather than just getting frustrated when he drops things from his highchair, we play games at other times that allow him to partake in this fun activity!  We get a box container out and I hand him things to drop into the box.  Each time he 'makes a basket' I cheer him on! I also let him help me with laundry.  Both sorting laundry and changing it over from the washer to dryer.  We have a front loading washer and he loves to pull things out of there.  I move items close to the door opening as we go through the load and he takes items one at a time and hands them to me to put in the dryer.  This one requires close supervision.  He is so dang cute! 

My boy is growing up.  He is almost standing on his own now.  Each day he gets stronger.  He is comfortable using the furniture to move himself around or will reach out for a hand to move from one area to the next.  It is so amazing watching him as he transitions through his developmental milestones.  This evening we moved the crib mattress down another notch.  Sigh.... He won't be little forever...but I am sure am making the most of this special time!


No comments:

Post a Comment