Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mom's Night Out

Tomorrow night I am planning to participate in a 'Mom's night out' event, Mom's night out, meaning no baby.  I am excited but would be lying if I said I weren't a little anxious. It will be my first time leaving the baby during bed time.  I have left him with my husband while I have gone to the market.  I even left him to attend a luncheon one time, but an evening outing? This should be interesting.

I am hoping to have a great time, but I think I am going to feel really weird. It's a gathering at my Stroller Strides instructor's house. A jewelry party- so its not like I am going out to the club until the early morning hours.  Its a couple of hours.  Everything should be fine right?  I think I am concerned because the baby is so boob needy in the evening.  I have been pumping and pumping (because it would be too easy if I were able to pump enough for a whole feeding in one session) so that my husband has a bottle to feed the baby.  The only problem is that the baby hasn't been using a bottle (he is on to sippy cups), so I am not even sure he will want one. I don't think that giving him milk in a sippy cup will have the same effect as breast feeding.  I am the one that puts the baby to sleep every night.  I am the one who cares for him when he wakes throughout the night, so this will be a small challenge for my husband.  I know my husband will be fine.  I have confidence in him. I mean, I know that he can keep the boy safe and comfort him.  I am not confident that he will get him to bed. I should be home by 930 or so, so I figure worst case scenario- the baby is still wide awake, perhaps crying when I get home, and I can get him to bed at that point.

However, if I find that the baby is sound asleep when I get home, Papa is going to be putting the baby to bed MUCH more often! This could be a good thing.... I know its a good thing.  This could be the beginning of something fabulous! I should be able to go out every now and then for a few hours to take time for myself and have some fun.  Anyone want to take a guess at how many times I check my phone for texts and/or missed calls?

No comments:

Post a Comment