Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kicking Butt

I am kind of kicking butt this week! I mean, I committed to completing a few tasks this week and I am actually following through!  First, I wanted to cook dinner each night this week.  I had challenged myself previously to cook new items, cook family dinners, more often, however I decided that I should focus simply on getting dinner made.  Forget about trying to push out a vegetarian meal each night, or something super fancy. I put too much pressure on myself sometimes, as is very common with moms, and I am just setting myself up for failure if I expect to be super woman. Yet sometimes I find that when I give myself a break, when I allow myself to work within my comfort zone, amazing, unexpected, things emerge!

I have made dinner each night this week.  I started with the squash blossoms dish that I told you about on Sunday.  Yesterday, I made chicken teriyaki with mushrooms and carrots.  No, it wasn't vegetarian but I did offer to make tofu along with the chicken.  I didn't end up making tofu because my husband had a late lunch and wasn't hungry.  Today I made a roasted eggplant dish with tomato and basil tossed with pasta.  This is what I am talking about.  All I wanted to do was make dinner.  It could have been simple spaghetti, a frozen dinner even, yet I am on fire with delicious homemade meals! I have plans to make several other dishes this week, but I am not putting pressure on myself.

I also made a goal to attend stroller strides four times this week.  I have been averaging 2-3.  I am already half way there and its tuesday.  I plan to attend on Thursday and Friday.  I am feeling so good about the way things are going this week that I may even hike up runyon canyon with the baby and dog tomorrow.  I might.  Again, no pressure.

I am especially proud of myself for getting these items complete because the baby has not been sleeping well, and mama has been up every two or so hours.  Go me! To reward myself for a job well done, I am going to go have some ice cream with lots of chocolate on top.  It is international chocolate day after all and I deserve to partake in the festivities! Yep, chocolate and wine.  Perfect ending to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment