Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Little Miss Forgetful

What is wrong with me today? I swear I would lose my head if it weren't attached.  First, I go to the market and, forget about the fact that I forgot my sunglasses, I had to go back to the car, not once, but twice before I could move forward with my shopping trip.  I was a little frazzled because I had to pull into a small spot (it was the only spot) and the person next to me parked over the line meaning they were going to have a hard time getting into their car without rubbing against my vehicle.  All I could hear in my head was my husband's voice questioning why I didn't wait for another spot, anticipating his reaction should the truck get scratched, or worse yet, what if I had to confront the person who was parked so close to me? I know, I'm a little crazy.  Anyway, I left the car, went to the store pulled a cart out from the row (which was no easy task -stuck).  I wiped the cart handle and other areas of the cart that my son would touch, like a good mama, buckled the boy in the seat, set my bags in the cart and then realized that I forgot my phone with my list in the car.  I trekked back across the parking lot, looking again at my parking job and feeling good about it this time.  I left plenty of room on both sides of the truck and let that anxiety go.  I then went back to the store and as I was approaching the carts again, I realized I left my money in the car.  Seriously?  The security guy must have thought me a fool to see me for the third time since I parked.  Geez... By the third trip back to the carts we were finally ready to go shopping.

As if that ordeal wasn't enough, I took the dog for a walk this afternoon and forgot the poop bag.  I had to turn around and come home to get a bag because I am not going to be an irresponsible pet owner that doesn't pick up after their dog.  You would think when the whole point of leaving the house is to let the dog relieve himself I would remember the damn bag but....

Let's hope I make it through the rest of this day with no further mishaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment