Thursday, September 15, 2011

All Sorts of Good

So....Did you check it out?  Up All Night... did you see it?  What did you think?  I thought it was funny, although I felt like I had already seen most of the funny parts in the previews.  Therefore, I am looking forward to watching the next episode before deciding whether it lives up to my expectations.

I am having one of the best weeks I have had in a long time and I am not at all taking it for granted.  I am recognizing and appreciating the wonderful moments (gifts) coming my way and know that at some point I am going to have a bad day, but I am enjoying this run while it lasts!

I am still on track with my weekly goals.  I made dinner again last night.  Shrimp / Steak and veggie skewers with rice! Indoor grilling! That's four night in a row folks!  I think that might be a record.  This evening we made something quick as it was late before being able to get dinner, but hey, that's ok because I made dinner 4 nights in a row!!

Not only am I cooking, but I also went to stroller strides for the third time in four days today!  Another record! I plan to go tomorrow too and then my goal will be accomplished.  I am appreciating the other members in my class.  Next Friday we are having a mom's night out and it will be my first time leaving the baby at bed time.  I am a little concerned, but I am also excited.

Last night the baby slept for 6 hours straight.  I can't remember the last night when that happened.  I didn't go to bed when he did, so I didn't get 6 hours of sleep but I certainly got more than I have been getting.  I thought it was going to be a bad night.  I couldn't get the baby to sleep until about 10pm but 6 hours so makes up for the late night. Tonight he went to bed at eight and has been asleep for two hours and counting.

I don't know if it is the welcomed fall weather or just the fact that I am in a good space, but I am having serious shopping cravings.  For clothes I mean.  I want to shop, shop, shop but mama doesn't get a paycheck so mama has to be reasonable and not spend, spend, spend.  I did splurge on some boots for fall and a couple other cute items, but I am seeing all sorts of fashions that I want to take home everyday.  I imagine I will obtain a few more items prior to getting it out of my system.  This happens to me about twice a year and then I am good for a while!  My husband's loving it (sense the sarcasm).

Time to go have a glass of wine prior to retiring for what will hopefully be a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment