Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Fun Day ~ Leaves

The baby loves to pick leaves up off the ground and crumple them up in his hand, well, that is when he isn't trying to put them in his mouth.  This week for our Monday Fun Day Activity we decided to make a leaf picture.  We made a textured leaf picture that the baby was able to assist with.  We went outside and picked up some leaves off the ground.  I printed a picture of a leaf that I found online.
I used a glue stick to cover the leaf with glue. Logan then crushed the leaves and I sprinkled then pressed the leaf pieces onto our print.  That's all there is to it! 

I liked this activity because it was something the baby could be hands on with.  I found myself wishing that we had the beautiful colored leaves that come with fall foliage, but we work with what we've got!

I think this activity would work a little better with regular glue as opposed to a glue stick, but it still worked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment