Saturday, September 17, 2011

Book Splurge

Today the baby and I went on a shopping outing.  We ended up at Barnes and Noble and I just couldn't resist buying Logan some new books.  I mean, he needs a few new books because 1. Some of the books I used to read him we have shelved for a while as he only wants to tear the pages and 2. He is really into certain types of books that exercise his brain.  He loves the touch and feel books so we picked up a couple today. I especially like the Usborne touchy-feely books.  We have a couple, including That's Not My Train, and the baby loves it.  At first I would have to show him where to touch the page so that he learned that this is the point of the book.  Now as soon as I turn the page (or he turns the page) he goes straight for the wheels or whatever it is he is supposed to touch.

He is also very into lift the flap books.  Where is baby's belly button, for example, is one of his favorites.  Today we picked up a flap book about animals a book about vehicles.  I kept finding books that I wanted to get and they were relatively inexpensive. Before I knew it my hands were full and we walked away with nine books! In addition to the flap books and touch books, we got a book about words, one about tractors and a book about Fall.  We are set for story time!

No comments:

Post a Comment