Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Time to Head Home

As our stay in New York comes to an end, I find myself reflecting on our visit and am so appreciative that we were able to make this trip.  The days passed quickly and we didn't get to everything that I had wanted to do, but we had a fantastic time with family. My little one got to meet his final set of Great Grandparents, his uncles, aunts and cousins, much of his extended family, and had quality time with Grandma! All the little children are growing so fast and I wish that I could see them more often.  It is so much fun to see what they are excited about these days, to hear them talk and tell stories and to experience the love that they have to give.  Beautiful. Logan even had a play date with a fellow that is his age!  It was so cute to watch them play and explore one another! We got to barbeque, swim in grandma's pool, attend a wedding, go for some walks and last night, took in an amazing sunset over Lake Ontario.  I couldn't have asked for a better evening.  When we got back to the hotel I indulged by not only taking a hot bath, but eating a snickers ice-cream bar in the bathtub! That was a first (and probably won't happen again) but what a fantastic treat that was - until I got a bellyache. Oops.

I have packed my bags to get on a plane first thing tomorrow morning and am happy to report that I am rather calm.  That could all change in the next eight hours, but as I write this post, I am content.  I will miss my little nieces and nephews so very much (and the rest of the fam too) but I am also happy to get back to my home.  I miss my dog dearly and as sick as it sounds, I am looking forward to tidying around my own home! I am also looking forward to getting back into my workout routine (attending stroller strides) and experiencing a little less humidity!









No comments:

Post a Comment