Friday, August 26, 2011

Easy Peasy Packing

Quite a few people I know believe in the philosophy that if you see and believe something will happen then it will.  Or you at least clear the way for whatever it is to happen.  The power of positive thinking I suppose.  Today I am embracing this notion as we embark on another house hunting adventure.  I want to find my home this weekend.  I don't want to force anything of course, but I am hopeful.

As we head out of town, I find myself so calm as I throw a few things together for our trip.  It used to take me hours to pack.  I remember our first trip with the baby.  I packed so much crap that we barely fit in the vehicle.  In addition to the necessities, and somewhat necessary items such as the pump, I brought several baby towels, the baby's play gym, a bag full of toys and even his bouncy chair! I have since learned that hotel towels work just as well as a specified baby towel.  With a newborn I might still bring my own, but now that Logan is older, I don't fret about towels. The bouncy chair? Really?  The car seat works just as well for a travel seat to set the baby in if needed.  I did like the luxury of having the bouncy chair and Logan slept really well in it, but do we really need to bring it on an overnight trip? No.  The play gym I thought was a good idea to bring for a little baby who is not yet mobile.  It provides a mat to place the baby on that is clean and entertaining. Do you need it though? No.

We already have toiletry items and medicine / first aide type items in the diaper bag that we carry at all times. Today I just put some clothes in the suitcase, grabbed a blanket, some cloths and bibs for my messy eater and put a couple toys, diapers and a book in a bag for the night.  Truly the baby enjoys spending time with mama and papa more than anything else.  As long as we have a couple things to keep his hands occupied he is happy.  Now time to go pack the pup! He has to check the houses out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment