Friday, August 19, 2011

Sleepy Mind Good Eats

Sometimes I feel like I am just going through the motions of the day.  I am so overtired this week from the baby not sleeping that I am amazed I can even write this post.  I keep thinking that I will take a nap when the baby does, but then I find that something else needs to be done (like shower or eat) and I prioritize these things over sleep. It's interesting how we decide what we need for ourselves.  Perhaps I should move sleep up a few notches because I have been so easily irritated by everything these past couple days.  

Yesterday I went to the market in the afternoon.  My mom tip: Go to the market in the morning.  It is so much more relaxing because you are just starting your day and most people are working.  Yet, yesterday I needed to pick up a few items, including salmon for dinner last night. So out I went. I stopped at the first store and had problems swiping my card upon check out.  It eventually worked but....irritating.  So then I headed on to the next store and while I was sitting with my blinker on waiting for a car to pull out of the crowed parking lot, this women decided that she didn't care and decided to take the spot.  How rude! I wanted to channel Kathy Bates in Fried Green Tomatoes! 

On the bright side, I made the salmon dish that I have been wanting to try and it was delicious. Find the recipe on this Martha Stewart Page . It was my first time cooking salmon, my husband always cooks the fish.  I am proud of how it turned out.  I was most concerned that I was going to over or under cook it, but it was perfect. I didn't have creole seasoning so I made my own. The sweet corn relish was easy to make.  The only problem I ran into here was that the avocados that we picked up at the farmers market were no good so the dish was missing a main ingredient.  It was still tasty.  I served it with rice and we ate it up.  

This morning as I dragged myself out of bed to go to stroller strides I was really feeling like I just wanted to make hot cocoa and sit on the couch.  I didn't though.  I was running late so I rushed to throw on some workout gear, get the baby dressed and fed, and get out the door.  I ended up leaving without my phone, sunglasses and resistance bands that we use in class.  Again, I have to look on the bright side and say..... I made it to class.  I borrowed some bands from the instructor and at least I remembered water! But I need sleep.  I tried three times to get the baby to go down for a nap today with no luck but as I write this post, I see his eyes growing heavy and this just may be my opportunity for a little rest of my own!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment