Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Fun Day ~ Airplanes

I have gotten into this habit of looking at what wacky, bazaar national holidays are occurring each week. I learned that this week is National Aviation Week.  I was surprised to find very little about this 'holiday' and there is nothing happening in my area that I found.  I wanted to celebrate National Aviation Week with my little guy because his papa is becoming a private pilot.  So this week we decided to make our Monday Fun Day Activity making paper airplanes.  I made a very simple plane and Logan got to watch it fly. Wednesday we are going to the Library for story time and we are going to look for a book about planes!  You can find many instructions online for how to make different airplanes (simple to complex). Here is a basic airplane to fly with your little one.

Folding the Plane (Pictures below show each step)
1. Fold a crease in the center of the paper (long side)
2. Fold in each of the top corners toward the center crease
3. Take the outer points that were just created and fold the paper into the center crease
4. Fold the paper in half on the original center crease
5. Fold each side back so it lies along the center crease
6. Straighten out your wings, hold the center and Fly Your Plane!





No comments:

Post a Comment