Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baby on Board - The Plane

Well, of course I got way too worked up about flying with the baby.  He did a fantastic job!  He slept the majority of the flight and was just delightful! I nursed him upon take off and landing as suggested, to prevent or help ease ear pain associated with the pressure change. I have read stories of women who were asked to cover up while breastfeeding on a plane.  I have not run into such issues.  Each time we have flown I have nursed the baby and have not had any issues.  We fly United and flight attendants have been very accommodating and warm.  Its a good thing that no one said anything negative to me about nursing my son on the plane.  I was amped up to speak about my legal rights, the fact that it is recommended to nurse upon take off and landing, and.... don't get me started on the fact that it is World Breastfeeding Week!! So, Way to go United! And guess what I found when we got off the plane.... A nursing room adjacent the women's restroom! Way to go Rochester Airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment