Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nine Months and Counting

Today is my baby's 9 month birthday! Now that he is getting to be a big boy we are going to start introducing new and exciting things. First and foremost.... finger foods!  I was hesitant to start the finger foods, but he is now showing signs that he is ready.  He is very interested in taking the spoon to feed himself (and I let him every now and then).  He lifts his belly off the ground and grabs at everything to put in his mouth.  This past week I began giving him Plum Organics Puffs! I didn't notice that he had a pincer grasp until I gave him the puffs.  He is now practicing the grasp with everything!

I plan to also start giving him cheerios as well as some steamed fruits and veggies.  It is fine to give him small pieces of mushy fruit like banana or avocado, but for some of the firmer fruits and veggies, like carrots they really need to be steamed first at this stage in order for him to chew them up with his gums.  I will keep you posted on how this goes!

I would also like to start teaching him some sign language.  I was going to sign him up for a class, but I think we will start practicing on our own and see how it goes.  I plan to start with a few simple words/signs such as milk, more, finished, eat, and sleep. I can't wait to see how it all pans out!

No comments:

Post a Comment