Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No Mama I Don't Want a Nap

Does your baby nap?  Logan usually naps two times a day (when I am lucky).  The first is about two hours after he wakes in the morning and he will sleep for about forty five minutes or so.  Then I can get him to nap (sometimes) around two or three in the afternoon and he might stay asleep for two hours on a good day.  Today however, well, I'm having one of those days.  The kind of day when you know he is tired.  I mean, he is cranky and isn't comforted by anything but just wont go to sleep.  He cried through my stroller strides class this morning, he cried while I tried to eat lunch (just a sandwich) and then finally, finally I put him in the baby backpack, started doing chores (dishes) and he fell asleep.  I was then able to transfer him to his bouncy chair where he likes to nap.  If I put him in his crib he wakes immediately and starts crying.  So, until he doesn't fit in that chair anymore, I'm not going to fight with him.  It works. The car works as well. As soon as we start moving he is out, but I can't drive around all the time.  Now he is sleeping and I can finally get some things accomplished.  I never sleep when he naps.  All the other moms I talk to take naps with their kids.  I read over and over again when I was pregnant that you should sleep when baby sleeps, and I did when he was first born - mainly because I had no energy to do anything after being up all hours of the night- but now I clean, and it still never seems to be done. Speaking of which, I better get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment