Thursday, June 23, 2011

Green Start Books

This morning I took the baby and the dog for a walk/hike in the park. At the end of our walk we always sit on a blanket and have a snack and play with toys. Today we had story time at the park. Have you heard of Green Start books by Innovative Kids? I love these books! Today we read 'Little Helpers'.
I picked up ‘The Five Senses’ and ‘Little Helpers’ at a boutique shop before my son was born. After he was born I picked up several others. I have come to love these books for a number of reasons.
-They are made from 98% recycled materials
-There are many activities that you could do with your child related to the material in the book but in addition, each book has a parents page with activities and tips at the end of the book.
-The books teach about the topic in a straight forward yet kid friendly manner. The books contain more than pictures but not too many words. Each page is a conversation starter!
-I absolutely love the illustrations in the books!
My son is a bit young for me to design activities around the material, but he enjoys listening to me read and point out objects!

No comments:

Post a Comment