Monday, June 20, 2011

Fitness Follow Up

I followed through with my plan to attend Stroller Strides! The class is at 930 am. I wake later than most folks, getting up and moving at about 830 or 9. So, this morning I rolled out of bed, washed up, got the baby ready to go, fed him and off we went with a banana in hand.

The class was fun! Today there was only one other mother but I hear there are typically about six or so. I have decided that on the days that I go to the class I will give myself permission to skip my 10 minute leg challenge if I feel like it. This morning I got a full body workout. We walked, jogged, did squats, lunges, arm exercises with resistance bands, calf exercises, and even ab work. The kids enjoyed it too because we sang nursery rhymes and they got to sit on the blanket and play while we did our crunches.

It was much more of a workout than I anticipated when I first decided to go, but hey, it is good for me. It gives me an opportunity to work out, get out of the house, and meet other moms in the area. Needless to say, I signed up for a monthly membership, which means that I could go to a class almost every day of the week. I will stick to Monday and Friday for now and we shall see what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment