Monday, June 27, 2011

Mommy Movies

This morning I tried something new. I skipped my stroller strides class (don't worry, I am making it up tomorrow) and went to the movies.  I never go to the movies.  It is expensive and I don't like movies enough to spend two hours doing nothing but staring at a screen.  I especially dislike attending movies during the day because I feel like I am wasting my daylight.  That being said, I learned about Monday Morning Mommy Movies at Pacific Theatres and I wanted to check it out. I was surprised to see so many people there.  Lots of moms and babies!

Logan slept through the majority of the movie, which is what I was hoping for.  It was something different to do, but am not sure I will do it often.  I suppose if there is a movie that I care enough about to see in the theatre I will go again. It was nice to feel comfortable having the baby there.  Babies were making noise and no one cared because we were all in the same boat.  There was a table off to the side that moms used to change babies.  Moms walked around to calm fussy babies and one little girl practiced her crawling during the movie!  The babies were more entertaining than the movie itself!

I appreciate that there is a venue that offers this in my neighborhood. Morning movies are less expensive than 'prime time' movies so that is an added plus.  There were no previews prior to the movie beginning either! The lights seemed to stay on during the movie and I am not sure if this was on purpose or not.  They seemed to dim at the end?? I will have to go again to find out!  Now to enjoy the rest of this beautiful day- we are off to the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment