Monday, November 28, 2011

The Post Thanksgiving Clean Up

Did you all have a marvelous Thanksgiving holiday?  We did! The dinner turned out great.  I ended up making pumpkin pie for my husband and successfully roasted my chicken.  I have been eating chicken leftovers for days, which never happened with turkey, so I would say the chicken option was well worth it!  
Friday was my birthday and while I had no expectations for doing anything, my husband suggested that we venture out to REI to do some shopping.  I couldn't believe it!  Mr. I hate shopping wanted to go out on the busiest shopping day of the year?  I was just thrilled to spend time with him (he is a busy man after all) so I jumped at the opportunity.  We went to Santa Monica and walked around, stepping in and out of shops and purchasing items for the baby (because I can talk myself out of things for me but baby stuff is hard to resist!).  

I'm not much of a black friday gal.  I am more of a cyber monday chick.  I have one regret.  I found some jeans on the gap website that I wanted to get the baby for christmas and they were marked down for black friday and then had an additional mark down once you enter a code.  Silly me, I thought the deal would still be happening online but no.  The jeans went back up to their original price, which is too much money for this mama to pay for baby jeans, and therefore Logan will not get his cool jeans this year.  Bummer.  Santa, however, got a great deal on a riding toy on Amazon! Woo Hoo!!!

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I am trying to clean up a bit before the christmas decorating.  So I cleaned out my closet.  Boy was that sad.  I had to face the fact that if I don't fit into my clothes after a year, I am probably not going to get back into them.  It was the most depressing fashion show/ dress up session I have ever participated in.  I kept asking my poor husband, does this look weird?  This is too small isn't it.  Thankfully he is an honest man.  I don't always appreciate his bluntness, but this time it helped me to purge of items that I otherwise would have held on to.  I kept a few items that I couldn't part with, but decided that it was time to move on and make room in the closet.  

I also packed up a bunch of baby stuff that the little guy doesn't need anymore, now that he's growing into a big boy.  Now I just need to get it out of my house.  I have a lot of stuff that I want to save but don't have space for. I started researching storage facilities.  I am desperate for space.  If we only had a garage......


No comments:

Post a Comment