Friday, November 18, 2011

Fondant Fiasco

No, it wasn't a complete fiasco, but making fondant for the first time proved harder than it looks in those youtube videos.  First, I made way too much.  I wanted to make more than I needed because it was my first time and wanted to be able to screw up and have the ability to fix things.  Turns out I made enough for several cakes.  I ended up using double the amount of powdered sugar than what the recipe called for.  What is with that?  I needed to in order to get a decent consistency.  I didn't even end up using all of the liquid portion of my mixture.  I would have enough to make a wedding cake had I kneaded the entire batch.  BUT.... at the end of the day, I have my fondant made.  I was concerned as I was making it that I wasn't going to get it to the consistency that it needed to be, but finally it came together.  It is chilling in the refrigerator and tomorrow morning I will be coloring it, rolling it and creating a fun little cake.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment