Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Missing Papa

Well, I am a single mommy this week and it has been busy!  I mean, I stay at home with my baby during the day while my husband works, but there are definitely times that he helps out and I feel it when he goes out of town.  Usually I can get my husband to watch the baby for a few minutes in the morning so that I can rest a little before the day begins.  The baby tends to be ready to rock and roll when he wakes and mama, well mama takes a little more time to get going.  While I appreciate the assistance in the morning, it is the evening that is especially difficult on my own.  I am so grateful to have my hubby.  He usually watches the baby while I prepare dinner.  He also takes the baby after bath time and dresses him in his pj's and is generally present most evenings so that, even though I am supervising the baby, I can relax a bit because he is too.

I think the dog might be more difficult to handle than the baby.  The dog always wants to go outside right when I sit down to nurse the baby.  He also gets super hyper at night when the baby is trying to sleep.   I make an extra effort to get the dog enough exercise when hubby is out of town so he is tired.  I tell you though, nothing beats cozying with the pup at the end of a busy day.  Love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment