Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Little Change In Approach

I was reminiscing this evening about this day last year.  It was the last day that it was just my husband and I (and the dog of course).  There was no baby and our whole life was about to change.  I recall having a conversation with the dog, trying to explain what was about to happen.  I gave him lots and lots of cuddles.  I remember being more calm than I had anticipated.

I was really concerned that I was going to miss the life left behind.  My husband and I use to travel quite a bit, going to music festivals and backpacking all over.  It was going to be some time before we were going to be able to live like we used to and I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it all.  I still miss doing these things, but there are so many other adventures that make up for it!  Years ago, when having a baby was only a thought in my mind, a good friend of mine said something that has always stuck with me.  He said "I don't look at family life as an end to the fun...more of a hiatus and then a little change in approach." 


I can't believe that a whole year has gone by.  I decided to look back at the thousands of pictures that I have taken over the last 12 months.  My boy has changed so much!  It was amazing to look at the stages he has gone through.  I have not printed pictures to make a baby book or scrap book - I know, I'm terrible - so I have made it a mission to do so prior to the end of the year.  Luckily, I have kept track of the days that the baby hit milestones.

Now it is impossible to imagine a life without my baby.  I had a dream last night that I was back at work in the office.  Everything seemed so stressful and rushed and I was thinking how awkward it all was.  I did not fit in at all.  Crazy dreams.  I love love love being a stay at home mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment