Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Damn Oven

A few weeks ago my oven broke.  Apparently it was the igniter.  We purchased a new one from an appliance store and then, wouldn't you know, on Sunday we were going to make pumpkin squash soup, which is the same thing I was going to make the last time, and it broke again.  Same problem.  Since it was Sunday, the appliance parts stores were closed - I don't know why this is the norm but it is.  So I ordered the part online, paid for overnight shipping and it came today.  When my husband went to put it in the oven, we found that the part was broken into pieces.  I guess someone really doesn't want me to make squash soup.  I never realized how much I rely on the oven until this week.  I have tons of food I want to make but simply can't without the oven.  I also find myself modifying the way I cook things and it just isn't the same.  Steaming rather than roasting....  I sent the item back for a replacement (who knows when that will come).  If it breaks one more time, I am demanding a new stove/oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment