Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oh Sleep How I Missed You

I almost don't dare speak of it.  I don't want to jinx the whole thing. On the other hand, even if it is over, it was so good while it lasted!

The baby, my baby (who is really a toddler now) slept through the night - the entire night - for the past two nights!  What?! Yes. My son.  The one who less than a month ago was waking every hour or two to nurse is now sleeping through the night!  What a fantastic feeling it is to get some real sleep.  I am not entirely sure what the magic potion is.  Perhaps he is just settling into his own routine now.  His teeth have taken a break from busting through his gums and he is able to sleep comfortably.  He is not nursing so he has no huge motivation to get up during the night.  He is awesome!

A month ago I really didn't have much faith that I would be able to stop nursing.  I fully expected to be nursing Logan before bed for at least another four months.  I had zero faith that we would get a full night's sleep and yet here we are.  Wow.  I need to believe in myself, my baby, and the universe more.

My son used to sleep for quite a few hours when he was really little.  I remember needing to get up and pump because my boobs hurt so bad.  Those were also the days when I would randomly wake and feel the need to check on the little guy just to make sure he is still there and breathing!  How wonderful it feels to have the confidence that the baby is fine.  It also feels pretty great to be able to sleep on my stomach again without having it effect my boobs.  Maybe I'm weird but I used to get clogged milk ducts and such whenever I slept on my stomach.  Ouch.  It feels wonderful to sleep soundly through the night with no desire to get up in the middle of the night (except to pee maybe).  So for you moms that are losing your mind, wondering if you will ever sleep again, I am here to tell you that it is possible.  It does get better!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment