Sunday, January 1, 2012

Letting My Creativity Soar in 2012

It's that time of year again.  You know, the time when everyone says what they are going to change about their life and declare that this it the year. While I am not one to make new year resolutions, I do feel it is important every now and then to sit back, look at where you are and set some goals for the future.  As I reflect on what I have accomplished and struggled with over the past year, I have a rough idea of what I would like to work toward in the coming months. I plan to push myself,  yet I commit to participate in activities that are comfortable, come naturally and allow me to be creative.

*First and foremost, it is time to move into a bigger home.  Moving has transfered from the want to need category as we simply do not fit in this one bedroom apartment any longer.  Along with this, I would like to work on sleep training the baby and have him sleep in his own room (but honestly I would be happy with sleep no matter where it occurs).  I am hoping that with sleep training will come complete weaning from the breast, which in turn will assist in attempts to conceive a second baby.  There, I said it, therefore it shall be.  Right?

*Then there are the goals associated with my health.  I will continue to attend stroller strides and strive to attend an additional day a week.  I will schedule myself a dentist appointment.  I used to be really good at going to the dentist every six months.  As I grew older I found it less and less appealing to go (as if it ever was fun).  So when I got pregnant I used this as an excuse not to go.  Then I had the baby and used needing to watch the baby as an excuse not to go.  Now, I cannot think of any excuses and therefore I will make myself an appointment.  After all, I need to be a role model for my son, right?  Luckily, I have kept up with eye appointments and doctors visits, so I need not set goals for these activities.  I would love to say that I would work on my diet.  Not go on a diet (I don't believe in those), but eat in a more healthy manner.  Yes, I would love to say I would do this, but I have little faith that I would actually follow through.  I will try to cut back on my sugar intake.  Its getting out of control.  I used to drink hot cocoa- which contains a lot of sugar - on the weekends only.  Currently I drink one everyday.  This needs to stop.  I indulged in sweets over the holidays (cookies, candy, soda etc.) and it is time to start cutting back.  I won't / can't completely cut these items out of my diet, but I can vow to cut back!  Once I get the sugar intake under control we will start thinking about other unhealthy delights such as bacon (I have a problem!) and french fries.  I love me some In-n-Out!

*I also have goals related to this blog.  I recently created a twitter account for The Play Mat.  I now need to tweet.  I was never into tweeting and still find it difficult to blurt out little tidbits for people to read or care about, but I would like to try it.  Who knows, it could become an addiction!  I would like to add additional content (video etc.) to the blog.  Now that I have been posting for several months it is time to play around with the site a bit more.  I am excited to expand as this is where I can let my creative spirit soar! I am setting no timelines for this, rather letting it happen naturally.  

I have decided to join Top Mommy Blogs.  I enjoy several blogs within this directory, so I figured I would add mine to the list.  If you enjoy reading my blog, take a moment to vote for me!  All you have to do is click on the banner below! Thanks!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment