Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday Fun Day ~ A Parade Float

Ever since I was a little girl I have enjoyed watching the Rose Parade on television.  As we were watching the parade this morning, I noticed that Logan was really enjoying it.  He started dancing as each band marched by.  To keep with the theme, I decided that our Monday Fun Day activity would be to build our own float.

I really wanted the little guy to participate in the activity, so I didn't put to much emphasis on the design and focused more on the decoration of the float.  If he was a bit older, I could explain that we were trying to make a dragon, for example, but he is too young to get this concept.  We had a lot of fun with it.

To begin I took a small box and covered it with brown paper so that we had a blank slate.  We cut a hole in the bottom of the box so that we could place it on top of one of Logan's trucks to wheel around.  We went outside and collected some supplies to decorate our float, such as flowers that had fallen off some plants, sticks, pine needles and leaves.  I also grabbed some cheerios and flakes of the outer layer of garlic and we went to town.  Logan basically ate the cheerios, so they didn't end up on our float.

I wouldn't say that our float is parade ready, but we had fun making it!

The hole for the truck wasn't quite big enough so it looks like our float sags in the back!

If you enjoy the Monday Fun Day Activity posts, please take a moment to vote for my blog.  Simply click on the banner below! Thanks!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment