Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Boobs Are Shrinking

Oh how I loved my post baby boobs!  For the first time ever, I had real cleavage!  I had the opportunity to buy bigger bras when I day weaned that weren't nursing bras but regular bras!  Now that we have completed weaning, I notice my boobs are shrinking.   Well, it was fun while it lasted!  I'd be lying if I said I weren't going to miss them!

You read correctly, we are done with the weaning process.  Sunday night I decided to try to put the baby to sleep without nursing him.  He didn't beg for my boob and I didn't offer.  He went to sleep in his swing as he does every night and then I transferred him to his crib.  This is night three of no nursing and the baby doesn't even seem to miss it.  I think I miss it more than he does.

Once we get a house I will move forward with more sleep training, meaning I will work on getting the baby to go to sleep in his crib on his own without any swinging beforehand.  The past few weeks have been a positive experience overall, however there have been several nights when the baby has woken every three or so hours.  Last night was one of those.  I think his teeth have been bothering him lately and he is not good at soothing himself back to sleep when he wakes.  For now, I don't mind assisting, but eventually he will need to learn to soothe himself.  There was one night where I was lying awake in bed and I secretly thought to myself "it would be nice to hold my baby in the rocker right now".  Does that make me crazy?  Of course that was a night when he slept all night, for it is the nights when I really want to sleep that he seems to be awake!  No worries.  I have learned how to relax when the baby naps.  I don't always sleep, but I take time to relax.  I give myself that gift and it make for a more happy mama! Here's hoping for a good night's rest!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment