Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Icky Sickness Got Us Again

Sorry for the lapse in posts.  Its been well, a difficult week.  First the baby got sick with a cold.  Poor thing.  I knew those few nights of sleep earlier in the week were too good to be true!  After the baby came my husband.  The only thing worse than a sick baby is a sick husband to boot.  Yesterday I finally got my turn with the dreaded cold.  Yuck.  I hear over and over that you are never given more than you can handle.  I think that's why I didn't get sick until last night.  The baby seems to be feeling a little better so at least I don't have to deal with a crying baby all day while I am sick.  That's what I am hoping.  He went back to bed and is sleeping now.  There are no guarantees.


There used to be a time not too many moons ago when I would freak out when my little one was sick.  Of course I did.  I was a brand new mom to my first child and I had little experience dealing with babies prior to that.  So I would react in a panic whenever I couldn't make him feel better with cuddles.  I think it is completely normal to get a little worked up when you first encounter something new and uncomfortable.  Now that I have a year + under my belt I am starting to feel a little more confident that I can handle the illnesses that come our way.  It doesn't get easier to see my baby struggle, but at least I can tell myself that it is going to be ok and honestly feel that way.  I tried to fake it before!

The highlight of my week (other than the full nights sleep prior to sickness):  sleeping until 10am one morning!  Can't remember the last time I did that!  I typically don't like to sleep that late but that morning it felt wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment