Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Three Dog Bakery



holiday cookies with dog friendly carob!


For you dog owners out there, I am sure you feel as I do that your dog is more than a pet, he's a member of the family.  So how could we have a proper christmas without a stocking for the dog?  I wouldn't hear of it.  Last year I visited the 99cents store.  They actually had several varieties of natural dog treats.  Its always hit or miss though. This year I ventured out to Three Dog Bakery.  I first learned of this store when I visited Sutter Creek, CA.  I happened upon a location there and thought it would be the perfect treat for the dog after riding for hours in the car, only to find that the store was no longer there.  Only then did I realize that they had a location in my back yard.  Silly me.

The store is cute.  They have natural dog treats for sale throughout the store, but what I found to be most appealing were the treats kept behind the bakery display cases.  I couldn't help but splurge on treats for the Murphster.  So I ended up buying a bag of peanut butter bones, some chew sticks, and some special treats from the case.  While I really wanted to purchase cupcake looking items, I tried to keep my selections to items that would keep well and easily be stuffed in a stocking. When I was ready to pay, the guy behind the counter explained that they were helping a no kill shelter and I had the option to buy a bag of food for the shelter.  The store matches your donation.  Well, how could I say no to helping save poor little homeless dogs?  I couldn't.  Before I knew it I had blown through my dog budget and then some and hadn't even purchased any toys for the stocking.  I am such a sucker.  What can I say, I love my dog.

'Ruffles'

No comments:

Post a Comment