Wednesday, December 7, 2011

First Flight

Team Rugged was at it again.  As I may have mentioned, my husband is going to buy a plane.  He received his private pilot license and since then, he has not stopped searching for the perfect aircraft.  As much as I am against it, there is no changing his mind.  Once he gets something in his head, he obsesses about whatever it is that he is into at the time (cameras, bicycles, stereo equipment etc.), and then proceeds to purchase whatever he decides upon.  So this past weekend we went to see a plane that is for sale.

After spending about a half hour looking at the plane, distracting the baby while my husband spoke with the gentlemen who had all the info about the plane, I heard the words that I dreaded.  "Want to take her for a spin?" one of the men said.  Of course my husband did and then he turned to me and asked if I would go.  I had never been in a small plane before but I bucked up and decided to give it a try.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious.


I was trying to put on a brave face, but notice my clenched fists.  I was already sweating and it was not warm out.  At least this plane was a spacious six seater.  I didn't feel unsafe at all during the flight but I get motion sick and I was doing everything in my power to focus on my deep breathing and kept telling myself that I was fine, that we were going to be on the ground in no time.  I made it through the flight without getting sick.  I felt sick for a good hour and a half after the flight though.  The next time we test a plane I will be sure to take something for the motion sickness.  I might enjoy it a little more.

The baby though, he slept through the twenty minute flight and wasn't at all bothered by the bumps and swerves of the plane.  He is such a trooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment