Thursday, December 22, 2011

Positively Delightful

Today was delightful. From the time I woke up I seemed to notice the positives of the day.  First, I didn't feel completely drained when I woke up even though the baby woke several times throughout the night.  I went to the kitchen to make hot cocoa and while looking out my kitchen window I noticed a patch of plants that I had not noticed before.  The sun was shining in such a way that made them stand out and I found myself appreciating the beauty in front of me.  Later in the day we were taking a walk and I noticed architecture that I had not before.  Original doors that were amazing decorating the renovated homes in the neighborhood.  



Additional Delights
  • Giving myself permission to skip Stroller Strides this morning to get some other things done
  • Holiday Baking (Making Peanutbutter Balls and gingerbread dough for cookies)
  • Making stuffed mushroom poppers - holy goodness!
  • Getting help from my husband so that I was able to get some cooking and baking completed
  • Spending a few minutes with the neighbors
  • My husband made dinner
  • An evening glass of wine
  • Watching 'The Help'

Then there was the time that I spent with my little guy.  I have so much fun with him. His mind is developing and although he is not speaking yet, I am learning that he knows quite a few words.  We like to play the 'where is' game.  So I say "where is Logan's foot?" and he points to his foot.  We do the same with the words leg, Logan, and belly button, etc.  He seems to understand mama, papa, dog, hat, star, ball and a few other words.  When we are reading books he is able to point to items that I state such as the fish or muffin man.  It is so exciting.  He waves bye-bye, claps, gives high fives and is learning to blow kisses!  I am amazed at his developing mind!  Everyday something new happens and I am so appreciative of the time I am able to spend with him.  

*A few of this weeks gems*

My precious boy
pulling the clothing from his drawer
Logan loves helping with laundry.  This
gave him easier access to the clothes!
*Do not try this at home



mini virtuoso
I wear my sunglasses at night

rolling around on the bed




No comments:

Post a Comment