Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Logan's Favorite Things

It seems that with the holidays come disclosures of people's favorite items.  Logan has only slight attachment to his belongings, but certain activities, well he will throw a fit if you tear him away from his favorite activities.

THE LIST


#5  Trying on shoes that are too big
Don't get me wrong, Logan continuously wants to put his own shoes on and then wants them taken off (and then put them on) throughout the day as well, but his shoes are not nearly as interesting as my converse, his dad's chukkas, or my Betsy Johnson fuzzy flip flop slippers with the pink bows.






#4 Wearing Hats 
Logan especially loves his new hunter / lumberjack / bomber hat.  There was a long period of time when he would pull any hat off his head immediately after me putting it on.  I was getting a little concerned as the cold weather approached and then we found this hat.  Before we even left the store he seemed attached to this one so it became a must have.  He is also fond of the party hat.  He happened upon a leftover party hat from his birthday and enjoys wearing that a fair amount too.  The only problem.... he hasn't quite figured out how to get the hats to stay on his head without assistance.  So we get the "eh, eh" until we help him out.  Super cutie.




#3 Climbing on the Furniture
The boy loves to climb up on the furniture - The couch, the chairs (living room chairs, kitchen chairs, office chair etc.), my bed.... He will be receiving his own chair for Christmas and with any luck he will independently climb in and out of it to avoid the "eh, eh" statements that he makes whenever he wants to be assisted onto the couch or a chair.   This will not assist with the bed though.  He LOVES rolling around on my bed.  He is so adorable as he rolls all over and lets out belly laughs.  He cracks himself up.  I think he's pretty funny too! Because I am only listing five favorites, I must include here that he loves to play basketball while sitting on the couch.  If I put the hoop in the middle of the floor the baby simply sits on the floor, holds the ball in the air and says "eh, eh, eh...." over and over until I go to him and pick him up so he can reach the hoop.  Therefore, to make my life easier, I put the hoop at the end of the couch and until he can 1. reach the hoop or 2. throw the ball up and in, the hoop will remain there.  It is much more fun to watch him make baskets on his own and give him a high five after than to lift him over and over.  I love that he understands what a high five is too.  Here you see him sitting in the chair drinking a beverage and glued to his phone (just like papa).



#2  Emptying His Drawers OR The Bookshelf 
 I especially love this one. What?  Sarcasm? Never.  Anyway, without fail, no less than five times a day I find myself restocking the bottom two shelves of the bookshelf and refilling the baby's drawers with his clothes.  I have given up on the organization of the clothes.  I simply stuff them back in as quickly as I can because I know it won't be long until I have to repeat the process.  That's what I get for not purchasing those 'keep it closed' child proofing goodies that they sell.  Unfortunately I have no photo to go along with this one.  Perhaps I will capture the experience soon....

AND DRUM ROLL PLEASE
THE NUMBER ONE FAVORITE ACTIVITY OF MY SON IS:



#1 Racing to the Dog Food
Logan feels that the dog's water bowl should be his own personal splash bucket but I feel differently.  If it were only the water that he played with it would be one thing, but he also picks up the dog food and on occasion will eat it.  Well, he will try to eat it.  I fish it out of his mouth and he screams in anger.  So it is much easier to pick the bowls up before he gets to them.  The race has become a game for him.  He will move towards the kitchen and look back over his shoulder at us to see if we are going to chase him. We then proceed to run after him.... "I'm gonna get you, silly boy"..... and grab him at which point he cracks up.  Love it. He enjoys playing with the dog so much.  Every time we go outside he picks sticks up off the ground and holds them out for the dog.  If only he could say Murphy.  Instead he says "eh, eh" and I have to get Murphy's attention to play with him.  When inside, he enjoys playing with the dog's ball and toys.  It is so cute.



So there you have it.  This concludes Logan's Favorite Things.





No comments:

Post a Comment