Wednesday, December 28, 2011

He Walks!

I have been waiting (not so patiently) for the little guy to start walking and he proved that he is capable! Yesterday he took his first steps on his own.  Prior to this he would take one or two steps in between two pieces of furniture, but this was a full seven or eight steps across the room.  More importantly, he was able to repeat the activity several times! Now, he won't walk in many locations, but if I open his drawer full of clothes and put him on the other side of the room, he will walk on his own to get to his clothes!  He won't walk to me when I ask him to, but clothes, how could he refuse clothing?! I think it may have something to do with the area rug in his room.  It isn't a shag rug, which is what we have in the main living area, and it's not wood flooring, which is what we have in the rest of the house, so perhaps the bedroom is where he feels safe.  Now we will work on generalizing the skill!

We recently got a video camera and managed to record this milestone, however the memory card failed and therefore this precious video is lost.  Oh well.  I am confident that we will be able to recapture the moment tomorrow.

I am so glad that my little guy is feeling better in time to go on our road trip to Santa Cruz.  In fact, we slept very well last night (relatively speaking of course).  I got a 4.5 hour span in there!  Can you believe it?  That's unheard of in our home!  Guess we all needed to catch up on lost sleep.  I probably won't get as much sleep this evening.  I have been packing for hours and imagine I will be up half the night trying to think of everything that I have forgotten.  I don't think it matters if we are going away for two days or ten, it seems the packing is the same nuisance either way.  Since the baby is growing into the toddler I find that our supplies change a bit, but the amount of crap that we have to take remains the same.

Time to get back to packing! Santa Cruz bound tomorrow AM!

1 comment:

  1. Allison ColemanDecember 29, 2011

    Can't wait to see the video and will be on the lookout for your trip pics. So true about packing...it's that fear of not having something (but lord knows we will "survive").

    ReplyDelete