Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa and The Hollow Trees


I had been toying with the idea of taking Logan to have his picture taken with Santa all month and finally today, while at the Americana, I pulled the trigger.  There was hardly any line and I justified my decision by telling myself that I would not likely regret spending money on one small picture (I certainly didn't need a huge, overpriced photo package), but I could very likely regret not having the picture taken if I didn't do it.  So we did.  It wasn't pretty.  I mean, it wasn't terrible, but we ended up with a crying baby on a jolly Santa's lap.  Santa was patient and sweet.  Logan even seemed to like Santa - at first. I promise I didn't torture my kid, although I did see a few moms there that were determined to have their kid smile on santa's lap even though their kid had no desire to do so.  Seriously?  I tried for a minute and then decided we were done.  There was one mom that kept trying over and over.  Her daughter was screaming yet she kept going back.  Another mom stormed out with here kid and sharply said "I thought you were going to have your picture taken with Santa this year" and then in a snotty tone "Sorry Santa." Our experience was mild compared to that. The baby cried when I placed him on Santa's lap, which honestly I was anticipating.  Logan stopped crying as soon as Santa's helper brought a toy to him, yet when she walked away he started crying again.  They quickly snapped a few pictures and let me know that we could let a few more people through and then try again.  Logan didn't warm up to the idea at all and I decided to go ahead and purchase the crying baby photo.  I suppose it's kind of cute and will be something we can smile at when he is much older.
I snapped a pic of the photo to share with you here.  Poor kid.



We then watched The Hollow Trees perform.  What fun that was!  This helped with the process of obtaining our santa photo as well because Logan was able to watch the performance and dance while we waited to have our picture printed.  Logan even got a free kid's club t-shirt!


watching The Hollow Trees from Santa's House
The Hollow Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment