Saturday, May 18, 2013

How Different They Are


SUNSHINE AND THE WISE MAN
Isn't it so gratifying to watch your children grow and develop? All the hard work and energy you put into raising your babies come back to you two fold and then some. What has amazed me, well, so many things amaze me these days, but it is so interesting to see how different my two kids are.

The differences started at conception! My first pregnancy was simple - minor uncomfortableness towards the end as to be expected, but overall mellow. My second pregnancy was much more rough - morning sickness well into the second trimester, lots of excitement in my belly and more pain in the end.  I have two perfect children as a result and am happy to have carried them and be uncomfortable, and sick and all that! 

Once the second baby started to move out of his newborn stage it was clear that he was a completely different character from my first.  Logan couldn't have cared less about toys, while Ethan can't get enough!  I used to think rattles were silly because the baby might hold onto it but it only rattled when the baby dropped it.  Turns out I was the silly one because Ethan rattles the crap out of them! Its not just rattles.  There is a squeak toy that he just loves to squeeze and squeak over and over.  Why must they make a squeak toy for babies?! The dog toys are annoying enough! It makes the baby so happy though, that I wouldn't think of disrupting his fun! 

Not only are the toys loud. Ethan is the loudest baby I've heard.  Logan was so quiet and laid back.  I could take him anywhere and not worry about him disrupting anyone.  He was content most of the time.  Fast forward two years and he is so extremely loud.  His volumes are loud and louder.  He sings now, which comes out as screaming, he loves to yell "Surprise" over and over and make monster / lion / dinosaur noises all the time.  Its fine if we are at home playing.  Its not so great in the grocery store, at a restaurant, or in the car.  This, however, is why I feel Ethan is so loud.  He has to compete with his brother! He must think loud is the norm.

My toddler wakes with a grumpy dispostion.  He always has. We joke that we can't talk to him until he's had his morning hot chocolate!  He is fine after a few minutes but this is just who he is and always has been.  My baby wakes with a smile every morning without fail.  He is my morning sunshine! He is a happy baby.  I love it.  We need him in our family.  He brings us light and laughter!

Logan is very sensitive when it comes to pain and illness.  If you have been with me a while, you will recall that I had to slow down his vaccine schedule because of the reactions he was having.  We had a very difficult time with teething and tylenol became my saving grace during these trying times.  Ethan on the other hand, has had virtually no reaction to vaccines (I decided to try the center for disease control schedule with him) or teething.  I have not had to give him tylenol at all and he has almost seven teeth in that tiny mouth of his.  

It just amazes me that two children of mine can be so different.  Not one is better than the other, I have a thousand great things I can say about each, but they are so different.  I can't wait to see the boys they grow into!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment