Thursday, May 23, 2013

Filter Free Speech

To set the scene: I got up early because I wanted to clean the office, which is virtually impossible during the day.  As I was sorting through papers Logan walks in just after waking up.
Logan: "Mama, what you doing?"
Mama: "Cleaning up.  Want to help?"
Logan: "No. Logan has pee and farts."

Two year olds have got to be the most hilarious beings on this planet! I am sometimes shocked at how polite my kid is (give me one minute please and excuse me), but the switch can turn to hostile shouting in an instant (you go away or stop talking to me)! The first time he says a specific statement is particularly comical.  Then when he uses the words in a context that doesn't make sense, that too is pretty funny.  I don't know where he comes up with half the stuff he says, but I have decided that I need to start writing it down because it makes me smile! Logan is communicating really well these days, but sometimes you can tell that his mind is working faster than the processing to his mouth and he gets frustrated if you try to finish his sentence or if you interrupt him.  He firmly states, "Logan is trying to tell you something." He fluctuates between I and Logan.  We, the listener, must shut up and let him finish.

Yesterday we had a quick breakfast.  As Logan watched me pour his cheerios into his bowl we had this discussion.
Logan: "Hmmmm, What is this?"
Mama: "Its cheerios."
Logan: "Oh, I never had that before."
Mama: "Ummm, you eat cheerios almost every day."
Logan: "Oh yeah, silly Logan."
Mama: "Silly Logan"
Logan: "Silly Logan and Silly Mama and Silly Ethan and Silly Murphy and Silly Papa and Silly Grandma"
Mama: "Ok time to eat now"

Other cuteness that has come out of his tiny, perfect little mouth:
"I better check on______" [insert you, the truck, Ethan, Murphy, Papa, my sandbox, etc.]
"I'm keeping my eye on you"
"Give me patience" - I can relate to this one but I don't think it is what he is trying to communicate.
"But it's ok" - we get this a lot.  It comes after Logan has done something wrong, made a mess or if something simply didn't go the way we expected.
"He is so cute" said about both his brother and the dog.  
Mama: "I think Logan is cute"
Logan: "I love you too Mama"  
❤❤ ❤
We just have to be careful because, well, both Mama and Papa have potty mouths and kids repeat everything so.....


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment