Friday, May 17, 2013

Back On The Workout Wagon

I'm feeling that urge again.  No, not that one.  The urge to loose weight.  It was when my first was about 6 months old that I felt the need to get moving.  Now that my second is seven months it makes sense that the feeling has returned.

I have been talking about wanting to work out more for a couple months.  I have been listing off obstacles that stand in my way: I get no time to myself.  I can't go jogging because I don't have a double stroller or a treadmill.  I can't go to the gym because I don't have a babysitter.  Every time I try to complete a video my toddler jumps on my or my baby cries.  YaDaYaDaYaDA....

Enough with why I can't.  It's time to focus on how I can. I'm hopping back on the workout wagon!
  • I can get up early and either go for a jog by myself or grab the baby (who wakes before the toddler) and stroll around the neighborhood before my husband leaves for work
  • I can engage my toddler in some exercising (he enjoys this although he distracts easily)
  • I can exercise after the kids go to bed
The post bedtime workout routine is going to be the main focus of my shape up challenge.  I don't care how long a day I've had, I don't care how tired and beat I am, I don't care if I have zero interest in completing any exercise.  It's happening. I have decided to complete the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.  I know a few friends who are challenging themselves with this program so I decided to give it a try.  Before I purchased the dvd, I did some research online.  I read that the routine consisted of a 20 minute workout focused on strength, cardio and abs.  People said it wasn't easy, that there were no breaks and it went by fast.  This all sounded good to me so I clicked the purchase button.  I was on my way!

I expected to receive the video today (Friday) and committed to starting today. I went out to run and errand yesterday and the video was sitting on my doorstep.  It came early! Now what? Do I start early? Do I leave it until tomorrow? I decided to give it a test run last night. To motivate myself even more and to cross another excuse off the list, I went out to the shoe store and immediately bought myself some new sneaks.  I gave myself a budget of $50 to get whatever shoes felt good on my feet and succeeded at finding the perfect pair. Honestly, I would have spent more if necessary but it wasn't so.... Bonus! 

I did the workout last night without weights because they were in the garage and I didn't feel like digging through boxes to get them.  I found the workout to be effective but not so difficult that I wanted to quit.  It was the perfect length.  I got my weights today and opted for the 5 pound option instead of the 3 pound weights.  Tomorrow I will use the threes! I think its safe to say that I am going to be sore tomorrow.  The push ups were a little harder today and my legs are beginning to feel the after effects.  

As of right now, I don't plan on following the online program which probably has a diet plan to go along with the exercise etc.  I know that I need to make some food choice changes but have never been on a diet before and am not excited to start now.  Hopefully some minor adjustments will go a long way! Wish me luck on my journey and I will update you periodically as to how it all is going!


Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment