Saturday, November 10, 2012

Challenge Is Good



The past three months have been some of the most trying months of my entire life, yet some of the most amazing things have come of those trying times.  I gave birth to my second son "E" on September 17th.   We bought our first house and moved in September as well.  For those of you who have followed my life, you know how badly I wanted to have more space, how much I stressed over having space for our growing family.  I am so thankful to finally have the home I have been waiting for.  It isn't perfect; it comes with many imperfections, but it came move in ready and was recently remodeled in the right areas.  I have a fabulous eat in kitchen, which is good since it seems I spend much of my day in there.  We have enough space for all of our belongings and then some.  We even have a pool in the back yard - yes, we have a yard!

installing the water filtration system
I can't say that it feels like home quite yet.  We are far from settled - I mean, I did just have a baby a month and a half ago and have a wild 'almost 2' year old - but we are getting there.  Did I mention my husband changed jobs in September as well?  He now has a commute.  That means we needed another car of course..... so we got a mini cooper! I love it. Love, love, love it! I don't get to drive it much, but I find opportunities.  You know, run errands on the weekend, a quick trip to the market in the evening.... its my 'me time' vehicle.  Logan or "O" as he has begun calling himself, enjoyed the dealership too!

O at the Dealership
Yes, there have been many changes in my life, but I am welcoming them - even if it is tough at times.  Being a homeowner comes with a whole new set of challenges.  Having a baby seems easy compared to having to deal with the plumber who has been here no less than four times since we moved in, the gardener who does next to nothing, the pool guy who informed me the pool leaks, the ant and flee problem that came with the house, the broken sprinklers (you should have seen me trying to turn the water off in the dark after my neighbor came to introduce himself and let me know my sprinklers were flooding his yard).  Why was the lever that said on this way and off that way not working?  My husband, who was working late that day, said it was supposed to work so why wasn't it working? Lovely wet mess I was.... and why must it be so damn hard to get cable hooked up?  It took two weeks and four different people to finally get the job done.  Don't they know that this girl needs internet service?!  Come on people! Change is good though.  Really it is. It's good for me to be challenged, to have to travel out of my comfort zone, to have to deal with and work through my social anxiety and be pushed to what I thought were my limits - because what I am learning is that I can handle much more than I ever thought possible.  

I'm also still adjusting to my perceived isolation from friends.  I am still technically in Los Angeles, yet I feel so far away from everyone.  I am sure this will change as time goes on; as I find activities and other moms to interact with.  After all, I know this was the right move for us. The neighborhood is nice and neighbors are friendly.  I have big, tall trees in my yard, a fabulous view of mountains, and when I look up in the sky at night I can see many stars which is something that I have missed and appreciate so, so much!
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment